Friday, July 22, 2005

Alvis Finally Writes Home

Dear Mama:



Glad to hear things are much the same in Hootin Holler. Please tell Pop I was sorry to hear about the explosion and to get well soon. Things are much the same here, too. Sorry I haven't written. Have been trying to get a job and am not much good at writing.

I had the strangest thing happen here yesterday. I went to a shopping place they call a maul. Just why they call it a maul is unclear to me. Anyway, I saw a little boy there, who was crying. He said he had lost his dad. When I offered to help him search for his dad and asked, What’s he like?” the little boy told me, “Beer and good looking women.” About that time, he saw his father and ran off to join him.

At the maul, they have all sorts of interesting stores. Most of them are full of clothes that no one would want to wear and no one is buying. There was even a store that sold joke items. You would not believe all of the things there. One of them was this sort of plastic puddle thing that looked like someone had thrown up. Another thing looked like my dog, Old Blue, had gone to the bathroom. I offered to sell them the real thing, and they asked me to leave. I don’t know why.

Well, have to go now. Am still looking for a job and have an interview at a railroad car making company for the position of frog welder. I don’t know what welding poor little frogs has to do with making boxcars, but as you know I can weld anything.

Love,

Alvis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home