Saturday, August 27, 2005

Alvis Writes Home

Dear Mama:

Hope you are well and things are OK in Hootin Holler. Things are on the upswing for me. I found a job and am working in a factory here in the big city. A man told me to go to this place he called a temporary agency, and they would help me find a job. They called it temp to perm, whatever that means. I felt sorry for the man at the temporary agency who helped me find the job. Since he works at a temporary agency, he had better find a temp to perm job for himself before he loses the job he has. Funny, huh?

I went to a big store yesterday. They call it a drug store, although why they call it that is beyond me. It did not have that many drugs. What it did have was a lot of personal stuff that you would not believe. I walked up and down the aisles, and was embarassed by a lot of what I saw. Anyway, I think it should be called a Personal Stuff Store rather than a Drug Store.

I went to the library the other day and signed up for a class about using computers. The first class was yesterday. While they call it a computer is beyond me. I thought mine should be called a confuser, because it confused more than it added, subtracted, multiplied and divided. Will let you know how the confuser classes are going in another letter.
Love,
Alvis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home